Saturday, July 07, 2012

The Other Side of Wednesday

Wednesday really was a great day--including the whole moped escapade.

We spent the morning sailing. Everybody now, on the count of 3. One. Two. Three:

Sigh!

We went out on a Catamarran along the coast of Waikiki. It was a beautiful morning. They fed us fruit and donuts. We lounged around on nets soaking up the sun. We even saw some dolphins. Too. Cool.

Ya, it was great.

And then we walked over to Ala Moana Park and then to the gigantic shopping center where we checked out stores like Gucci and Prada. And some other fancy shmancy stores. A trolley ride back to the hotel and then came the mopeds. Which I already talked about, but I skimped on Diamond Head.


Beautiful! Well, ugly at first, but once we got to the top it was beautiful. Pedro was thinking it was a leisurely stroll so he donned his beach sandals. It made the climb a little rougher for him, but he still made it through blister-free. We climbed mid-afternoon so it was hot and we were sweaty. We loved the tunnel and I was wondering how people could go through it so easily without holding onto the handrail until I realized I still had my sunglasses on. Standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up was ridiculous. Actually standing at the bottom of the crater looking up was ridiculous. Loved it! Every minute of it!


3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, how wonderful! When you said "one, two, three..." I thought we were all supposed to say "I sail! I sail!" From what about bob. It made me laugh. Though the sigh is so very appropriate, too.
I am so gap put for you and thirds vacation you and Pedro are taking. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing... Well, minus the moped experience relaxing. :-)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, how wonderful! When you said "one, two, three..." I thought we were all supposed to say "I sail! I sail!" From what about bob. It made me laugh. Though the sigh is so very appropriate, too.
I am so gap put for you and thirds vacation you and Pedro are taking. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing... Well, minus the moped experience relaxing. :-)

maynardmoments said...

Sounds wonderful! Glad you could get in a vacation. You always have the cutest family pictures on your blog, or maybe its just that your family is so cute.