
-Drive up to the Dole Plantation. Take lots of pictures, go on a train ride through the plantation, walk through the gardens, eat a Dole Whip, watch how the pros cut open a pineapple. Learn I need to rinse pineapple off in water to remove acid (had a bad encounter with a pineapple about a year ago, poor Leise, it burned her tongue bad--very grateful for that information), also learned to eat a pineapple after a big meal to help break down protein--also very helpful).

-Drive over to Kualoa Ranch. Go to Secret Island--private beach, there were maybe 20 of us there. Crossed a fishing pond. Found hammocks. Laid in hammocks. Didn't want to leave the hammocks. Missing the hammocks. Went kayaking. Got in a double canoe and rowed out to a sandbar where we got out and played for a while. Took a ride in a glass bottom boat and saw lots of sea turtles. We were really close to Chinaman's Hat. At this point our camera battery died. No more pictures from the rest of the day. Oh ya, and we played ping pong. Fun, fun time.

-After that we drove up to Laie to see the Temple. Walked around the grounds for a while. Still very pretty.
-And then we drove up to Waimea Bay. Got out and played in the big waves. Got pounded a few times. I'm still finding sand in my hair. We climbed up the huge rock. Pedro jumped off the rock. I climbed back down. Ya, I'm a wuss. But it was fun watching Petey jump off.

-Found Ted's Bakery. Had a late dinner in the rain. It was delish! Got some cream pies. Beyond fantastic! I gave Pedro just a sliver of mine. He wanted more. I didn't want to share anymore. He attacked me. I fought him off as best I could, but he ended up getting another bite. I didn't talk to him the rest of the night. :) Nah, just trying to illustrate how incredibly yummy that pie was.




1 comment:
Mel, What is the 'rest of the story' and when will it be posted?
Don't forget the heroic efforts of your mom. As much as we enjoyed your visit and the week with the kids, I think your mom was relieved when things got back to normal (Whatever normal is when I'm around). I thought she was going to sleep for a week! Love ya
Post a Comment