Thursday, February 09, 2012

Week 8

3:30 am and 2 kids are awake. Why don't my kids sleep? Haven't they caught on that a sleep-deprived mom is not a nice mom? Apparently not. Sigh.

Last weeks stats: (and these may not be accurate, because I'm having trouble remembering last week)

Monday: lots of knee pain, no workout
Tuesday: 3 mile run--29ish minutes
Wednesday: more knee pain and no time = no workout
Thursday: between a 4 and 5 mile run
Friday: no workout
Saturday: 13.1 miles, 2 hours 23 minutes

I started taking a vitamin for joints and it seems to be helping with my knees. I shaved 16 minutes off my half-marathon time. I'm happy with that. I also went out and bought myself a water belt so I don't have to map my routes around my house so I can have water/food breaks.


I just gave Bri a cup of milk with melatonin in it. I'm hoping she'll drop off soon so I can sneak back into my bed and get some more sleep before the alarm goes off. Hopefully Eric will go back to sleep too--oh man, he might be grumpy come morning time. This mama is exhausted.

1 comment:

Cardon Times said...

What are you taking for your joint pain? I am training for a 1/2 marathon and have had some gnarly knee pain. Could you email me at cowpoke22@yahoo.com to tell me. By the way, I am thinking of you. I don't think I could survive 18 days without my husband very well. You are doing great!