Tough 24 hours. Last night Bri fell asleep sometime after 11pm. The other 2 were asleep sometime after 10pm. I fell asleep somewhere between 11:30 and midnight. Bri woke up at 5am. I have been up and going since then. Bri finally went back to sleep at 7:30 and slept for 30 minutes I prepared my primary lesson at 5 in the morning while downing an energy drink, which gave me physical energy, but mentally and emotionally I am spent. I could have been to church early with all my kids, but I was not up to a full hour of fighting my kids when I was having a hard time thinking clearly. So we went for primary only. Luckily a mom of one of the boys in my class sat in--it gave such a great boost and we made it through class.
We came home and had lunch. Then we went out because I promised Annaleise. She is at school all day and feels like she doesn't get to do anything fun with Grandma. So we went to the Glass Chapel and then to Crystal Bridges Museum. Bri took a 10 minute nap in the car. By the time we got home I was exhausted. Too tired to even throw hot dogs and tator tots in the oven, so I gave the kids cookies and ice cream. I regret that now. The sugar rush was insane. It ended up with 2 kids, a couple handfuls of goldfish crackers and 1 bath towel all swimming in the tub together.
I gave all the kids a bunch of melatonin with their bedtime snack. They have all been locked in their rooms for 20 minutes now. I'm contemplating not even setting the alarm for the morning, and Leise can go to school whenever she wakes up. She'll probably wake up at 6.
This is what I do. Every stinking stupid night it is a fight to get my kids to bed. Usually Pedro takes over around 10 or 10:30 if kids are still up and I go to bed. But he's gone. It's been 10 days. I've got 8 more to go.
My kids will be lucky if I haven't shipped them all to Venezuela to be with their daddy by the end of this week.
I'm not whining. I'm not looking for a pity party. This is honesty. This is what is happening at my house. This is me--venting. If I had a piano I would be pounding out these frustrations by playing Malaguena (my angry song) over and over and over until I turn into mush.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh mel... I wish I could help by taking the kids so you chould nap... I have the hardest time with bed times... My hubby has to take over.. Because by the end of the day my energy and patcenice is just spent... I cheering for you... You can do it =)
You've got to be exhausted!! My piano is still here for your playing pleasure (if you can keep your eyes open long enough to play!).
We used to have major sleeping issues with Ben. His neuro-developmental something-er-other pediatrician recommened a book that has helped us tons. You are welcome to borrow it if you'd like. The thing we like about it was that it wasn't one of those books that says "my way is the best." There were numerous ideas presented, along with pros and cons to each. I think it may have even pointed out that you may have to different things with different kids. Anyway, I hope you get more rest!
my kids are hard at bedtime, too! sometimes it takes both of us doing EVERYTHING we can and they're both still up!
hang in there and let me know if I can help! wish I had a miracle cure for you.:) you're doin' a good job! and I can't IMAGINE 18 days without a husband! you are a champ.
I am sorry that is really tough. Bedtime is not fun. I wish I could help. Hang in there!!!
Oooh, my dear friend, my head hurts for you. How hard. I am so sorry bedtime is so difficult for you. It is easy for me. My kids are amazing at bedtime. Keith usually stalls, but after about 30-60 minutes, I win. I wish I could make it so for you. Everyone deserves an easy peaceful bedtime. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck!
Post a Comment