Friday, February 10, 2012

Reunited



Pedro came home on Monday night. 5:24 pm to be precise. We were all SO excited to have him home! We made his his favorite dinner and dessert, hung up balloons, and put up a welcome home banner.

I took all the kids with me to the airport. I was so anxious to have Petey home that I missed the turn off to short term parking 3 times. I was taken over by a mad lunatic for a while there. My poor kids.

We walked in and 30 seconds later Petey was there. The kids went wild. I think a few of the other travelers nearby were amused by this very loud reunion.

I let Petey drive home. I didn't think the kids could handle my driving any longer. However, Petey was no better. Three weeks driving in Venezuela and that guy was insane! I think it was a little hard for him to transition back into a place where you actually stop at the signs and lights, and you don't drive on the sidewalk or grass. *Just kidding babe, you did fine.*

Bri was so happy to have her daddy back that she sang "Happy Birthday to You" the whole way home. At the top of her lungs. With this ridiculously huge grin on her face. It was awesome! Petey and I joked that he left the worlds loudest place to come to the worlds 2nd loudest place.

He was happily surprised by the balloons and banners. Maybe not so happily surprised by the onslaught of silly string he got from us as he got out of the car. The kids loved it though.

Welcome home Petey. We missed you!

1 comment:

Laura said...

hurray for togetherness. So glad he's home again