Monday: 1 hour of cross training followed by 1 hour of weight training
Tuesday: 3 mile run, done in 29:22
Wednesday: 4 mile run, done outside mostly on gravelly dirt roads with some annoying wind. I wasn't feeling all that great, but did my run anyway. 43:30
Thursday: 4am wake up and realize I feel like crap. Take a bath and crash on the couch.
Spend the rest of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in pjs carrying a box of tissues with me everywhere. Take lots of naps and thank Petey profusely for taking care of me and everything else.
Have an epiphany. I tend to get the sickest when Pedro is off from work. Do you think my body just waits for him to be home so it can totally and completely crash for a few days? I do.
Had another realization this morning. We need to set the alarm to make it to church on time. I just always figure the kids are up at 7 and they'll wake us up. Not the case on New Year's Day. They stayed up until after 11 last night. Hence, we didn't get woken up until 9:30. Church started at 9. Oops.
One more light bulb moment. Our kids are not meant to stay up past 10. It's just ugly. That's not the light bulb moment. It's coming, hold your horses. After playing lots and lots of games--until 11:15--we decided to put on a movie. Here's the ah-hah. If I put on the most boring movie I can find, my tired kids will not care about midnight anymore and conk out in a matter of minutes. My winning movie? The Pebble and the Penguin. Thank you Netflix! Even Pedro was almost out--not a good thing since he was on the phone with his mom.
Happy New Year!
Sunday, January 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You are amazing. Absolutely amazing. And what a blessing you only get sick when Pedro is around! Also, brave woman that you are for letting your kids stay up! We do fireworks early in the evening and then put them to bed.
Post a Comment