Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Training: Week 1

Training looks like this:

Monday: 45-60 minutes cross training, followed by weights
Tuesday: short run
Wednesday: short run
Thursday: short run
Friday: 45-60 minutes cross training, followed by weights
Saturday: long run

Last weeks short runs were all 3 miles. Tuesday and Thursday I try to run faster than my race pace. Wednesday and Saturday I run at pace.

Saturday's run was 6 miles. I ran it in 68:20. And I froze! I came home and I had nasty pink splotches all over my body. My legs were mostly numb. Around mile 5 I realized I need to plan my routes around public bathrooms. I spent the rest of Saturday stretching, icing, eating and napping. The run wore me out!

It's time for new shoes. And to probably set up camp at the gym. I feel like I live there.

1 comment:

Pamela Brown said...

Good job Mel!!! Keep up the good work :)