I'm counting down!
Rewind to March 13, 2010.
I had spent the previous 3 months training. Three days before the race I came down with the flu. The morning of the race I woke up and decided to go for it. I ran 13.1 miles. The last 3 miles were harder than I could have imagined. But I finished. And I had an amazing high. After crossing that finish line I told myself that someday I would run a full marathon.
Someday is just around the corner.
Training has begun. I've got 20 weeks to prepare myself for a marathon in Olathe Kansas. I'm giving myself an extra 2 weeks of training in case of illness or whatever else may come up.
Excited? You betcha I am. Nervous? Heck ya. But the nerves tend to go away as soon as I step on the treadmill or road.
Holy hanna, here I go!
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay! Good luck training. I am running a half in May and so excited. I don't think I will ever do a full...not my cup of tea. But I am super excited for you! Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing!
so excited for you!! I'd love to be at this marathon too! so proud of you :)
That's awesome! I admire those of you who can run and run. I can barely run a mile. =)
Post a Comment