2nd week in Ogden:
I drove up to Rexburg with my kids and my sister, Jen. Amber, my youngest sister, just finished up her 2nd semester at BYU-I. So we went up to collect her. And I'll tell you what...
That girl needs a serious lesson(s) on how to pack. She sent the majority of the stuff down with my brother Justin. But somehow she still managed to fill up the back of my van. So high that when we opened the trunk a bunch of it fell out and a few things got broken.
Anywho. Good old Rexburg. Lots of memories. It was fun to be in such a familiar place. We went out to lunch at Wingers. One of a few restaurants Amber can eat at since she has Celiac Disease. I think my sister's each got a good dose of birth control by watching what eating lunch with 3 little kids is like.
While Amber and Jen finished packing and cleaning her apartment, I took the kids over to Porter Park. That place is awesome now. There's a fun little splash park and better toys and a walking trail even.
We tried to visit my Aunt Carol, but alas, she was off having fun somewhere else, so we ended up at the nature park. We went for a nice long walk and I grossed out my kids by pointing out places where Pedro and I would go to...uh...get better acquainted. :)
Annaleise actually loved being there. I showed her the apartment where we first brought her home to, and then the other apartment where she learned how to crawl and walk.
And I just have to add...3 sister in a car together makes for a VERY fun drive home. I love my sisters.
The same day that I brought Amber home from college, Pedro flew in. My dad, Jen, her husband Jake, Amber, Pedro and I all went to a late night showing of Harry Potter 7. I'm not sure about Jen and Jake, but the rest of us are pretty nerdy when it comes to HP. We loaded up on junk food and had a good time. I was really disappointed when Amber said she didn't really like it too much. Ahh, come on! Well, the movie never really adds up to how you envision it in your head. And Amber does have a really good imagination. Still fun.
Saturday, October 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment