Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan 26 2011

First of all, I just gotta say how much I love Pedro. I love that he practically pushed me out the door to go do my run when all I really wanted to do was lounge around in my sweats.

And I love that he is calm and clear headed and he can project his calmness onto me. I am a control freak with precious little control over anything. And for some insane reason I tend to stress over things that I have no control over. Like the car. It's going to the old car graveyard. Which is fine by me. The thing's seatbelts didn't work for heaven's sake! But I was stressing. Just the thought of doing research on cars, finding a decent one in the right price range, re-arranging the finances so we can afford a car payment...yada yada yada...it all equals stress. Five minutes of talking to him and I was reminded of all the good things and I could feel the stress leaving my body. I think he's great.

And tonight I'm especially grateful that my kids are safe and I could hold, hug and kiss on them before bed tonight. A little boy in the area died at school today. My heart goes out to the family. It's just so sad. It made me realize that as much as my monkeys can drive me insane, I truly do love them and all the craziness they bring to my life.

On that note: Annaleise was singing "Pocketful of Sunshine" as she was listening to my i-pod. "Take me away, a better place, take me away." Well then Eric pipes up with "Take her away, a different place, take her away...take Leise away." What a crack-up!

1 comment:

mel nielson said...

I'm so glad that Pedro is so good for you :) And I love Eric singing Take Leise Away- that's hilarious :)