This is hilarious. Annaleise is in my room with my i-pod singing her little guts out. I can tell she only knows the chorus. It was just a mumbling kind of singing and then she belts out "PLAYING MY SONG" ... "PARTY IN THE U.S.A."
I live for moments like this.
A friend took Eric for me today. We swapped kids, I had her little girl last Friday, so she took him today. I kept Bri since she's such an easy baby. Man, oh man, I can get a TON done with just one little kid in the house. My house was clean by 9am. I took 5 bags of stuff to Helping Hands--just gotta love de-junking! I mopped the floor (worst chore ever!), and even cleaned out my fridge. Made it to the gym, I got to shower and put make-up on. Talked to my mom and one of my sisters. I had time to read my scriptures in peace. I think I need to do a kid swap once a month to help keep on top of things.
And after 2 weeks of miscommunication with the pharmacy and doctor's office and no little pill to keep me sane, my prescription finally came in. Thank you anti-depressants! I'm pleasantly surprised with how well I did for the past 2 weeks. I didn't sink into a depression, I just lacked energy and I had a very short fuse. Just ask my kids. I've done a lot of apologizing and explaining the last 14 days. One of the hardest parts of not having my medicine is that without it I get very dizzy and have lots of headaches. So I'm excited for all of that to go away. And I'm sure my kids and husband will appreciate me not blowing up over the tiniest detail at the end of the day.
So in recap, I'm grateful for:
*Silly moments with my kids
*Doing kid swaps with friends
*My lovely little pink pill
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a great idea to have a kid swap. Today my three girls went out to play in the snow with the neighbor kids and Linc was asleep. I noticed how QUIET it was- during the day! But you took advantage of your time better than I did of mine- I just took a nap ;) (no worries, Scott was home to keep an eye on the girls :)
I love your grateful lists....I got an idea from Joels karate teacher, Mas Nate...when you wake up in the morning list 10 things you are grateful for and I've been doing that every morning before my feet hit the floor! It's great!
Post a Comment