Thursday, January 13, 2011

About Heberto

I love my Papi! Well, he's Pedro's Papi technically. My father in-law is just plain awesome! Today is his "real" birthday. But since it's the 13th, his parents just decided to have his birthday on the 12th to avoid any potential bad luck. Seriously. Even his birth certificate, passport, every legal document he has, has his birthday put down as Jan 12. Anyways. I talked to him last night to wish him a happy birthday. His voice alone brings a smile to my face. It brings back memories of when we visited Venezuela and how Papi would try to sneak treats behind Mami's back. At a party with all of Pedro's friends he was frying up platanos and telling Pedro to hand out beers to all the friends (Pedro thought this really odd since most of his party's he was handing out pop instead of beer). When we were in DisneyWorld a few years ago together and he would let the smaller grandkids take turns sitting on his lap while being toted around the park in a wheelchair. He held Annaleise's hand and would buy her ice cream. We stayed up late one night while he told stories of his childhood. I just love him to pieces and am hoping that we will be able to move them up here soon. I am blessed to have such amazing families.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Awe Mel that is such a wonderful blessing to have!