For a while there I thought I had writer's block. Come to find out it's just the level of chaos and crazy have dropped significantly. Thanks to a wonderful counselor and some lovely anti-depressants, life is much more calm and do-able. Still crazy and chaotic, but not in the same maniac way. Makes for a much more dull blog, but hey, I'm not complaining!
I wrote my mom an e-mail this morning, and decided the content was blog-worthy. Might as well capture the small stuff, it's still life and I'm not going to remember a lot of these details later down the road. So, here goes:
I got a call from the dr. office yesterday. My thyroid is fine. So now I'm hoping this stuff from Doc Becker will help, otherwise I'm just going to have to make peace with my new, had 3 babies, body. Easier said than done, I imagine.
Bri bumped her head today and yesterday, so she's all bruised up with goose eggs. Poor baby.
I've started a swap with a friend in the ward. We're going twice a month to help out in the school. Annaleise will be thrilled when I tell her.
I got Eric to eat applesauce muffins with butternut squash hidden in them. Small victory for me, yay!
I had an awesome moment with Annaleise this morning over breakfast. She asked why we wear white when we're baptized and married. So we got to have a sweet talk about purity, the atonement, repentance and forgiveness. Granted it was only a 5 minute talk, but it was nice. It was one of those moments where I felt that being a stay-at-home mom was more than just being a diaper-changer, dish-washer, and laundry-folder. Kind of like I finally felt a sense of purpose in what I'm doing with my life. It's a good feeling. I like it.
The video is of Bri's first attempt at going down the slide by herself with a little "encouragement" from Mr. Eric.



5 comments:
Those teaching moments make all the screaming kids, fighting, and chaos worth it, don't they? I am glad you are getting things figured out and worked out. I hope you are back to your normal happy self soon! Good luck with it all.
So cute. I love the little nudge from Eric. That's what big brothers are for!!!!! I remember Joel doing that to Bailee, but it was on a bike and he pushed her into the street, we're still working on that :)
I had to laugh out loud when I saw the cute video... Thats so something my Sammy would do... Boring is nice some times... Its nice to know what to expect from the day and know you can handle it...
I hardly ever read blogs anymore. And I haven't written on mine in months. But I always read yours. It's one of the few. I love it b/c you are so honestly candid and give me hope when my life is chaotic. I love you Melissa.
too, too cute!!!! lots of hugs:)
Post a Comment