A few years ago Pedro and I fell in love with a game. We played all the time. We'd get together with my brother and his wife and would play with them. And it was AWESOME!
The game? Star Wars Risk
However, all good things don't last forever, right? We started getting frustrated. If we were on the same team we didn't like the others strategy. If we were on different teams there would be a lot of gloating and trash talk. If we played just the two of us, the winner would insist on a slow, miserable end to the loser, while the loser begged for a quick finish. It really brought out the bad side in both of us.
As you might imagine, we haven't pulled out that game in a very, VERY long time.
Until a few days ago. We thought maybe we'd grown up a bit and could act a little more civilized. So we brought it out. We set it up. We got it all ready and even topped it off with root beer floats. And then, before we started the game play, we did the smartest thing ever. We popped in a movie we'd never seen before. The movie caught our attention, we only had 2 or 3 turns each before we decided we couldn't play and watch the movie at the same time.
The game has been retired to the closet.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOL - Dave and I are the same way....there are games we just don't play anymore. :)
Aaron and I used to play Risk all the time (on the computer because it's much faster...no set up or rolling). He taught me how to play and he won for a while. Then I started winning! So he doesn't want to play anymore :)
They should add a subtitle to that game. Something like "your marriage is at RISK if you play this game". I refuse to play it, so we let Joel and his friend play with the pieces now. I am just waiting for all of the pieces to get lost so it can Finally be thrown away :)
I need to find that game for my hubby! And I love how competitive you get with it. Such a funny story. And what a great solution to your problem.
Post a Comment