Sunday, June 20, 2010

Spaghetti

I would have to say that we ate spaghetti way too much as I was growing up. I didn't like it. Unless it had meat in it. Spaghetti is my new best friend. I still don't like it all that much, but there are SO many good things about spaghetti:

-My kids eat it...happily!
-It's fast
-It's easy
-It's cheap
-It's a one pot meal. So easy to clean up, minus the mandatory bath for the younger kids because their hair is now covered in sauce.

So here's to you, spaghetti. Thank you. And I'll be seeing you way too often for the next 18 years or so.

3 comments:

Vudochki said...

I TOTALLY agree! We have spaghetti at least once a week!

Amy said...

Now you know why you had it so often growing up. It is super easy. If you want to mix it up a little, try spaghetti squash. Same principal, same idea, nearly the same taste, and it sneaks veggies in to their meal!

Dad said...

Mel: Now you understand why we had spaghetti so often. Its not that your mom and I tremendously enjoyed it, but rather it was easy to fix and easy to clean up. Just throw the dishes in the dishwasher and you kids in the tub.

Dad