Monday, May 03, 2010

Trip to Hot Springs




Monday:

Get to Lake Ouachita, set up camp. Head to walmart to buy food for the week. Head back to camp. Find a swing overlooking the lake; swing and watch the sunset.

Tuesday:

Head to Hot Springs. Check out the local art galleries and other cool stores with awesome hats and masks. Go river cruising on the Belle and have lunch. Freeze on the boat. Play 36 holes of miniature golf. Pedro wins first set by 1 point. I win 2nd set by 14 points. Lots of gloating ensues. Check out the springs, I feel the healing/hot power of the springs. Head to dinner at Belle Arti Ristorante for dinner. Totally awesome place, heavenly food! Go see a late night movie - The Backup Plan.

Wednesday:

Go on a 3 hour hike around the peninsula. Rent a canoe, and canoe around the lake for a couple hours. Jump in the lake. Take a nap. Ahh!

Thursday:

Back to Hot Springs, and up the Mountain Tower. To the Mid-America Science Museum to play like kids...so many cool things there! Head back to camp to find our tent completely upside down and pinned against a tree. Thank the tree, without it our tent would have been in the lake. Set up tent again...really hard to do with the crazy wind we were having. Make hamburgers for lunch, Pedro sets his foot on fire. I come to the rescue with a water bottle. Jump in the lake again. Stay up late playing Phase 10, build a fire and roast marshmallows. Have a stomachache from eating too many marshmallows.

Friday:

Pack up camp, just in time--we missed the rain! Back to Hot Springs. Go to Buckstaff Bathhouse for a traditional bath (oh weird!) and massage. Get used to having someone see me naked and bathe me...someday when I'm old and can't do it myself I will really appreciate it...but I was still kind of weirded out by it...then again it was totally relaxing. Check out some more art galleries. Have lunch and head home.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Can you say divinity? What an incredible week you had/ I am all colors of jealous.

Noodle said...

I love the part about the tummy ache from to many marshmellows =) I'm glad you guys could have some together time... My inlaws are so aganst me and Johnny going on a small trip with out the kids (they need to spend more than a day with my kids and then they could see why we need break!)

Pamela Brown said...

What a fun anniversary!!! A well deserved brake :)

mel nielson said...

I'm glad you guys were able to go away together- sounds like a good time... but really, anything without kids would be fun :) I hope you feel rejuvinated!

Feels Like Today said...

totally awesome!! love your music too :)

DRB said...

Hey Mel & Pedro: Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Glad you enjoyed some time together and away from work. It's nice to get away for awhile. Dad