Friday, April 30, 2010

8 is great!

Pedro and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on Tuesday. We were trying to remember this past year and couldn't really come up with much besides being in 'survival mode' for the last 6 months, and remembering that the 1st six months started with Brianna. So with our combined mind-power we decided that this past year was pretty darn good, bad at times, and definitely ugly at moments. But mostly good. Very, very good.

And it got me thinking. Do you remember when somebody wanted to pass some kind of law somewhere in Europe that would make your marriages automatically dissolve after 7 years? And if you wanted to stay married you'd go and sign some paperwork to guarantee your married status for the next 7 years. How weird. Ahem. Anyways.

I've got lots of stories I need to blog about from our trip. And I need to somehow figure out how to get pictures back on the blog. But for now, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow morning I'll have little kiddos begging for food and attention. I love those little guys. And I love my Petey. Another year down, so very many more to go!

2 comments:

Noodle said...

Congrats Mel I'm happy for you and Pedro... I'm glad you giys are out of survial mode it really wears you down, well at least it does for me... Isn't great to know that your marrage is eternal and not just a seven year stint (who thinks of those silly laws?)

Amy said...

No way are you old enough to have been married for 8 years. Not possible. And in the slight off chance it is possible, you have so much to show for it. Three beautiful children, an awesome husband and a marathon training body. That is a lot I say. Congratulations, and I hope next year is even better. And the 7 year law? That is pretty sad. I hope it never passed. I am thinking that guy got the 7 year itch, don't you?