Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 6

Week 6 of training is finished. I did pretty good. I missed my strength workouts...oops. Today was a 6 mile run. I wanted to die! It took 18 songs...75:50. Not too bad for me. I'm not a fast runner, more like a slow jogger.
As I finished that 6th mile I was wondering if I was out of my mind. I'm going to run more than double that distance and pay to do it? For fun?! But then this other feeling overtook me. I ran 6 miles! My back was soaked in sweat...and as nasty as that is, it really was awesome to know that I worked that hard.
So I'm off to soak my legs in ice, take a shower so my kids don't make funny faces when I get too close to them. I'll probably be hobbling around the rest of the weekend, but oh it was so worth it!

4 comments:

De Anne said...

You are awesome!

Pamela Brown said...

You go girl!!!! (okay so I really don't say that, I just thought it would be fun :) Keep up the great work!!

Stacey said...

Seriously wow good on ya!

Amy said...

Awesome Mel! (That old nickname of yours always makes me laugh now... we thought we were so cool) I am so proud of you, and amazed! That is the coolest thing in the world. Seriously, right now you are my hero. And I don't say that to just anyone.