Sunday, January 24, 2010

Inside my head

-Does anyone else wonder if their house smells funny? I just get so used to my own smell that I don't notice if it's good or bad. I'm thinking I should invest in some more candles.

-I'm trying so hard to be optimistic, but it's kind of hard when you're a natural pessimist.

-Would I get a big bald spot on the back of my head like my baby girl if I laid on my back all day?

-Eric's and Pedro's hair are both getting long enough that I could give them pigtails and put bows in their hair. Eric would probably like it. Pedro would probably never speak to me again. :)

-I have no idea how athletes sit in ice tubs. I tried soaking my legs last night in cold water and didn't last more than 15 seconds.

-G-force seems like a really dumb movie. Even my kids didn't last more than 5 minutes.

-If I wasn't Mormon I would be a big-time coffee drinker. I need a good pick-me-up in the morning. Although, coffee smells disgusting to me. Maybe with enough sugar...

-Why is it that kids don't want to go to bed...I would love to go to bed.

-And why do kids get the most energy when it's the parents who need it the most?

-Kids get away with the oddest clothes. If an adult tried to wear what they wear it would just be ridiculous.

-I'm a sucker for big brown eyes

-I'd love to know what little Bri is thinking when she looks at me so seriously

-I'd rather die by fire than drowning

-Avatar was a good movie but I don't understand why people want to see it more than once in the theater

-I'm letting Bri suck on a blue pacifier with sailboats on it and wondering what my friend Alissa would think ;)

-I'm glad Pedro has taught me how not to be a control freak and let things slide, otherwise I might be going crazy right now since the kids just emptied the linen closet and draped blankets over their ceiling fan and the rest of the blankets were cast off into the hall.

-I need a good book to read after I finish Forest Born. Any suggestions?

-I love that when I push the spell-check button on here that the only words that light up are my kids names. A silly thing to be proud of, but still...

5 comments:

Noodle said...

I can not say that the only thing to light up on my spell check is my kids names... It looks like a cristmas tree =) I wonder about my house smell too... I use fabreez and candles cause I don't want the stinky house... Allison has a funny bald spot too... It makes me laugh... I agree with kids outfits... But Hey some of them just look so comhfy that I wish I had a silly out fit.... Thanks for the post it made me smile =)

Darrell and Alissa said...

Ha! You make me smile everytime I read your posts! Funny you should mention the blue pacifier with sailboats- Baylee isnapping with her blue one right now....

mel nielson said...

I have LOTS of suggestions but I'll try to limit myself... the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, Fabelhaven series by Brandon Mull, Refiner's Fire series by Lynn Austin, Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale, The Two Sisters of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine (and all of her other books), All's Fair in Love War and High School by Jannette Rallison (and all of her other books). There, I've think I've limited myself quite well. And I have to say that Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books. I read it for the first time last year and fell in love with it.

Amy said...

Jane Eyre is also one of my favorite books. Its long but oh so amazing.
I love how random yet connected this is! A sure way to check the stinkiness of a house is to leave for a while. When you come back, if the smell knocks you over try putting little jars of vinegar around your house. Amazingly enough it wont make your house smell like vinegar, but it will neutralize the smell. Candles mask the odor, vinegar eliminates it. Try it, its amazing.

jed-laura said...

I love what goes on in that head of yours,