Friday, December 11, 2009

Announcement!

NO! Not another baby.

I've decided to run the half-marathon in March. Yay!

I'm a slow runner. So it's not really a race for me, just a "this can be something on my bucket list" kind of thing. I just want to finish the race and hopefully do it under 3 hours.

This is strange for me, because typically I don't like running. That all changed when I did the Body for Life program. Running became not so bad. It's not exactly wonderful yet, but I'm starting to enjoy it. I was a little bummed today when I went to the gym since I didn't have my i-pod. Me. Alone with my brain. For at least 3 miles. A little scary. But then I found out my brain is pretty cool. Me and my brain had a nice conversation today that lasted for 5 miles or 1 hour of running. Training starts on Monday. 12 weeks of it. And then the big race.

Anybody want to do it with me?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh, I have always wanted to do one. But I can't just yet. Breastfeeding the baby and running doesn't exactly sound comfortable, does it? Good luck!

De Anne said...

Good for you! Where is it located?

Pamela Brown said...

Yeah, for you. That has been my goal for a long time. I would love to run it with you, but I don't think I can afford to go to Arkansas. Keep us updated on the training :)

Kim said...

What kind of conversations did you and your brain have? Are you going to use your I-pod when you run the race or is it going to be you and your brain for 3 wonderful hours?