Some background information:
From the first day I met Pedro I found out he was wild about 2 things: back scratches and ketchup. Give him those and the man is in heaven. He will take a back scratch from anybody! He will just plop himself over and ask in a pleading voice "back scratch?" On top of that I have food storage of ketchup. If we have less than 3 bottles of ketchup in the house Pedro starts worrying and insists I go out and buy more. Not only that but I have packages upon packages of ketchup from McD's, Arbys, Burger King, gas stations. Anybody need some ketchup?
Our kids have his genes.
Tator tots for dinner? Mom, I need more ketchup! The whole tot is drenched in ketchup and he needs more?
Bedtime? Mom, I can't go to sleep until you scratch my back! Mom, 2 more minutes, please scratch my back for 2 more minutes. But my back really really itches.
Even I have fallen prey to the Morales gene. I love myself a back scratch. Especially right before bed. Ahh, so soothing. Who needs a back rub when you can have a back scratch?!
No paternity test needed in this house. Annaleise, Eric and even Brianna (yes! sweet little Brianna will stop crying the moment I start scratching her back) are their father's children. No doubt about that.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So funny! I had to laugh, as I finished reading this, I realized I was trying to scratch my own back.
I think ketchup is a guy thing... and it will always baffle me. You are a good woman to give so much ketchup and back scratches. Bless you! :)
I love your post, they are so funny :) Pedros love for Ketcup is so funny, I remember I threw away some ketcup packets and Pedro dug through the garbage to get them. Maybe we should stage and intervention?
Sammy ohs and ahs when I scratch her back and Johnny has trained her to scratch his back she does a pretty good job at it too...
Post a Comment