Tuesday, November 03, 2009

My Skinny Minnie

Hannah Montana and a dude from the 80's
Grandma and Aunt Jenn with Bri-Bri
Bri after rolling around, spitting up and then laying her face in it. I couldn't resist!


I finally got concerned enough about Bri's tinyness that I took her in to see her pediatrician yesterday. At birth little Bri weighed 7 lbs 3 oz. At 2 months she weighed 10 lbs 1 oz, and then something weird happened because now at 5 months she's weighing in at a whopping 12 lbs. 1 oz. And that's with the wet diaper on! She went from being in the 22nd percentile to dropping to the 5th. My little skinny minnie. So we've put her on soy, I'm off all things dairy, we're adding rice cereal to her milk and if that doesn't help chunk her up then she starts on Reglan next week. She gets her weight checked again in a month, so here's hoping that this stuff helps.

She is, I must say, developing pretty normally in all other areas. At least that's what I think. She rolls everywhere. I often have to play hide and seek if I leave her in a room for more than 2 minutes, she's just all over the place! She grabs her toes, sticks everything in her cute little mouth, smiles and talks, and giggles, but only if you tickle her. She's such a sweet baby. We just need to figure out how to keep the food in her belly.

On another note, my brain still isn't back to full functioning capacity. I forgot to take pictures of my kids on Halloween, except for Leise. So don't worry Mom, I'll put them back in their costumes after they get a turn in the washer and take pictures and post them. I did let them dress up and go trick-or-treating, we didn't boycott Halloween this year, I just forgot to bring my camera along for the ride.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Did you boycott Halloween earlier? Shame on you! I can't get over those big eyes. They are to die for! Good luck chunking her up. I have a niece who just turned 6 and she weighs the same as my son who just turned 2. When she was a baby my sister had to feed her cubes of butter, ice cream, avocado, and everything else fattening she could think of. At the age of 6 months even! I hope Bri gains weight quickly. Good luck with it all.

Pamela Brown said...

Brianna is so cute. I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks. She sounds like another Syndey except Sydney wouldn't eat anything. When she gets old enough I would give her Pedisure. that is what helped Sydney from dropping weight to gaining. She is still in the 2 percentile I think for overall but isn't even on the chart for her weight. Or Maybe it is just something with the 3 child :) Good luck!!

Feels Like Today said...

Very cute:) So, is that the get-up Pedro wore when he had to help Jenn with her car out on the road?!
Love the costumes...can't wait to see the others:)

Anonymous said...

Loved the costumes!