Monday, November 09, 2009

Good Grief!

This is Eric's newly found favorite phrase to use, and explains pretty well how I feel after this weekend.

Friday started out as a wonderful day. I had gone to bed at 6:30 the previous night and woke up feeling awesome. Pedro and I had lunch with Leise at the school, I had planned on going to the gym after that and then getting some grocery shopping done. I started having cramps, so decided against the gym. Over the course of the afternoon the cramps became more of a stomach ache. The school called at 3:30 to let me know there had been a mix-up and I needed to pick up Annaleise. Driving to the school is what tipped me off to something being really wrong. Since when did driving hurt? Over the next hour it went from moderate pain to severe pain---kneeling on the floor by the couch sobbing kind of pain.

Pedro came home, took me to the ER--hurt a ton! Pedro's shocks on his car gave out, so every little bump had me screaming out. At the doc they had me drink 2 bottles of contrast stuff for the CT, nasty stuff, most of it didn't stay down. They found a cyst which was leaking fluid and causing inflammation and causing the pain. At least that's what I heard through the morphine. I still hurt like crazy especially when the painkillers wear off.

Anyways, that's what happened over in our neck of the woods. Sure hope you all had a better weekend than us.

A huge thanks to all our family and friends who have stepped in and helped and offered to help. You all are awesome!

7 comments:

De Anne said...

Rupturing cysts are the worst. Sorry you are going through this. I noticed you weren't in church on Sunday, but I didn't realize why. I hope you get feeling much better soon.

Noodle said...

holy owiee!!! I'm so sorry I hope you get feeling better really soon until then use all the help you can get and don't over do it... Give your self time to heal... I know as a mom thats hard to do...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better! Take care sister, love you a ton

David and Cori said...

Sounds painful...hope you are doing better now.

Amy said...

Oh you poor thing! I had a cyst my JR year and I really feel your pain. I hope they get it all taken care of soon and that you never have to live through that again. Oh my goodness! (That is what Keith says all the time... probably because he hears it from me so often)

Peanut said...

Not to deminish your pain...I so know what it is like. On my honey moon night, I had a cyst that became enlarged the size of a golf ball and leaked. It had become septic etc... My husband took me to the ER with high fever, aches and doubled over in pain. I was rushed into emergency surgery and a balloon cath. was placed in for 6weeks. Talk about getting to know your new husband well. He had to do everything for me! I also became prego about 6 weeks later....get well soon! Antibiotics...

Pamela Brown said...

I agree with Eric,"good grief" that does not sound like fun. I hope that you feel better :) I'm glad that you have a good ward and friends who are their to help you. Take it easy!