The Plan:
-Wake up, take Leise to school
-Come home, feed kids, do laundry ALL day
-Play with Eric and Brianna
-Take a nap with the kids
-Finish laundry
What ACTUALLY happened:
-Woke up, had a nice morning with Leise, took her to school
-Came home, fed kids, hopped in shower
-After shower, noticed tank on toilet was empty, turned water on, and proceeded to flood the bathroom, the closet and our bedroom.
-Noticed what was happening, yelped, scrambled to turn water off, and laid every stinkin' towel we own on the floor and still did not have enough
-Called Pedro to come home and pull up carpet
-Helped Pedro dry up the rest of the floor, pull up carpet, put fans on, take out closet carpet completely, hang it in the garage to dry, squeegee the edge of the carpet in our room
-Contents of closet and half of bedroom have taken up occupancy in other parts of the house
-STILL working on laundering the towels
-STILL have a MOUNTAIN of laundry to do
-Trying to figure out where to sleep tonight, couches or blow-up bed
At least I managed to get some laundry done...laundry that up until the flooding incident didn't need to be done.
*I forgot to mention that I also got to wash Eric's hair with peanut butter--he had gotten a band-aid stuck in it really good. That was actually fun, I should have taken a picture of that. And after getting all the kids buckled up and to the gym for Leise's dance class, I walked in to find a sign that said classes for this week had been cancelled.
Is anyone else ready for bed?
I'm ready for a vacation...NOW!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Wow, is this the day for major problems or what? (I have had more than my share too.) I hereby declare today to be Murphy Monday! Flooded house, hu? That does not sound fun at all. Good luck getting it all dried and taken care of. I hope tomorrow goes better for you.
Yikes! What a day. You deserve a long and luxurious vacation....or for a more realistic option...a nap.
hey, we have one large and one small commercial dryer/fan that we used when our house flooded. you are welcome to it. it is what the restoration company ran for a few days under our carpet etc...
Wow, what a day. That does not sound like fun at all. Maybe today will be better :)
Oh no! I hope things have dried out over at your place.
Post a Comment