Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If I could only hit a moving target

Someone needs to come and revoke my license...take it away officer! I'm a bad driver...bad, bad, bad. Funny thing is, I never hit anything that moves. I've hit parked cars before--my parents (did you ever find out about that dad?) I've run over curbs, forgetting they are there--as recent as yesterday. My poor van. And today my poor victim is the mailbox. On the plus side it was my mailbox. No angry neighbors. Actually I'm pretty sure I afforded them a good laugh. I could hear them laughing. Their door was shut, their windows were closed, but man that guy can laugh loud! And then there were the 3 kids down the street going for a walk who stopped and gaped at me. Probably feeling sad for the mailbox. My husband looked at me with the goofiest look on his face ever. I'm not sure if it was exasperation or amusement. I handed my keys over to him.

In my defense, I had one screaming child, one crying child and one child talking at the top of her lungs in the car with me. How's that for a distraction?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that is some pretty intense distraction! I hope you get a better mailbox. See, you can use it as an excuse for new things! Good luck with that.

Peanut said...

lol...needed a laugh. you know, my mom has a love hate relationship with mailboxes. she was distracted and plowed the neighbors brick mailbox down. 3 grand to fix, not to mention her yukon. then, she was turned around during a storm driving to my new home and she backed into someones iron mail box. my dad gave up. the dent is still in the bumper.

Feels Like Today said...

Too funny!! Did I tell you about the time I ran into a building?! I wasn't going in reverse either...just turning around in a parking lot:) This was a few years ago...lots of years ago:)

Pamela Brown said...

That is funny. But I understand about the kids screaming and it being really loud in the car. I'm suprised that I haven't ran in to more things. Just another day in the life of a mom :)

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee, that's for calling me Bambi! Bad fortune follows those who call others rude names! So be aware Mel!

Sara said...

Oh my!!! You are so, so funny! Sorry about your bad luck in hitting things with vehicles! But, at least they aren't alive... right?!? :)