For the past 3 years I've been counting down to the 1st day of kindergarten. That changed in an instant this morning.
I sent my kids outside to play while I was making breakfast. I walked by the front door and noticed Annaleise with 2 other girls sitting at the picnic table looking at a magazine. I thought I'd go out to see what they were looking at. Annaleise turned to me and said they were looking at icky naked girls. I took the magazine away, noticed it was an Allure magazine (thankfully not a playboy), told the girls to whom it belonged to either keep it in their house or throw it away. I explained to Annaleise why that isn't good, and then gave them the Friend to look at instead.
I'm lucky that it happened right in my front yard where I could see what was going on. Now, sending her off to kindergarten is really starting to scare me. I'm not going to be there to make sure things are okay. To guide her to good things and steer her away from bad things. Have I done enough? Have I prepared her enough? All I can do now is pray like crazy and trust that Heavenly Father will take care of my little girl.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is really scary! It was good that she recognized that they were "icky." Honestly I think you have done and are doing an amazing job, and you (and she) will be blessed for it. Maybe chat with her a little about what to do in those situations? I have never really thought about what to do in those situations, but I guess I should because it is never too early to start! Good luck! You are a great mother, so I am sure she will make the right decisions.
I love how you handled that situation. It is scary to send your kids to school and you are always going to wonder if they are going to be okay, and are they going to make good choices. What I found with Joel is in the school situation he did so much better there than he did at home. But kids will make mistakes and it will be a constant learning experience, but that is how they grow. We can't teach them everything they need to know before school, sometimes they have to learn as they go. But I'm sure she will do great in school, and it sounds like you have done a wonderful job teaching her what you can, but most importantly enjoy the break :) I can't wait until schools starts again !!!
He will! You have done a great job teaching her. Its tough sending them out into the world. Just keep up the wonderful teachings of the Gospel, say prayers as a family - she'll be ok:) I love The Friend magazine coming out to replace the other - good job:)
Love how you handled it!! And love that she knew that what she saw was icky and wrong... See that right there shows you have thought her well... FHE is one of the best things to keep the family on the right track... Not sure what I would have done in that situation... Scary to think of our cute little babys growing up... But you are doing a great job...
Post a Comment