Friday, July 24, 2009

Functioning

2 troublemakers emptying lotion bottles all over the floor and all over Eric



Who would've thunk that a 2 month old would sleep better than her 2 and 5 year old counterparts?

In consequence of a rather sleepless night this house is full of grumpy people. I'm getting by with my calming lotion and a nicely placed lock on the outside of the kids door. Not to mention some angry music. Hmm. That's quite the contradiction I'm using. Calming lotion with angry music? Hmm. Well, it's working. And in an hour I'll hit the gym and let someone else deal with my sleep-deprived kids for a while. I like that. I like that a lot.

Tonight I'll be raising a bottle of Benadryl towards the skies and silently thanking the one who came up with that wonderful concoction.

7 comments:

Vudochki said...

I LOVE Benadryl!

Noodle said...

Sammy loves lotion she could apply it all day long... I have to hide it... But it sure makes putting sunscrean on easy... I'm scared of being a mommy of two... I think you are doing a great job... mine finds time to make messes like those and she is the only one I have... Crap whats going to happen with two!!! like I said I'm scared... Oh by the way I'm due on Oct 11... I've been thinking bout what to make the girls for Halloween... I love dressing kids up!!

Amy said...

Benadryl, my brother's solution to everything. Good luck with it all, and go work your frustration out at the gym. That's why they are there. Not for losing weight, but for working out frustrations.

Jessica said...

oh i love you!! haha, you always make me laugh and I love seeing proof that my children aren't the only ones making messes like that =) I'll take note of your chuck-e-cheese tips too, thanks for those...we just discovered chuck-e-cheese. hope you all can get some sleep!!

kelgrandy said...

Well, at least your kids will have nice soft skin. It will keep them looking younger in the years to come. You might have bags under your eyes if you have too many more nights like this, but their skin will be looking great :) Come play the piano again.

Jenni said...

Oh man! I bet you were livid when you found them! It is crazy what kids can find and cause to be made into mischief! It's a good thing that they are so cute . . . and take Benadryl!

Pamela Brown said...

Oh a day in the life of a Mom!!! Your reward in Heaven should be great, at least that is what I have to keep telling myself. Your doing a great job, but I have one question... is the Benadryl for you or your kids....or both :)Take Care!!!