Saturday, July 18, 2009

Annaleise says


Annaleise brought me a cup of juice while I was feeding Brianna. I drank it and she asked if I wanted more. I said no.

Annaleise: But Mom! It'll make your milk taste yummy!

Me: What milk?

Annaleise: (pointing at me) That milk! Brianna wants sugar milk!

Another day:

Annaleise: Mom, when will my chest be big like yours?

Later that same day:

Annaleise: Mom, how did the baby get in your tummy?

Me: Uhhhh...Daddy put it there. (I hurried and changed the subject to popsicles after that).

I am SO not ready to start having these conversations. Aaaggghhhh!

8 comments:

De Anne said...

Kids are the best. I think you handled the questions. Just wait until she asks how daddy put the baby in your belly. Those are fun conversations!

Vudochki said...

Kids are so honest and innocent. I love it! Annaleise looks absolutely beautiful in that picture!

Noodle said...

how cute... And yeah you did great at that age they just and short simple anwsers to those kids of questions and who wouldn't want to talk about popciles!!!

Feels Like Today said...

thats funny:) better get ready for the rest of the questions!!

Amy said...

She is so beautiful! I love how helpful she is with her little sister. Good luck when she wants to have real answers! Way to put it off for now.

kelgrandy said...

You did a great job of handling things. When you (and Leise) ARE ready for for more "in depth" conversations, check out the book, "Where Do Babies Come From?" It's awesome.

Pamela Brown said...

LOL, that is too funny, she is very observant. I would just tell her that Heavenly Father puts babies in moms tummies, that is what I told Joel, then it gets rid of all the uncomfortable questions about Mom and Dad!!At least for a couple of years :)

Nicole said...

Questions... that's a whole 'nother part of parenting that no one prepares you for. =)