Thursday, May 14, 2009

The joys of being naked

Fun with stickers


Today is a day when I'm feeling profoundly grateful that 99% of my neighbors are not home during the day. I sent my little trouble makers outside to play so I could get some stuff done inside. I checked on them periodically. I caught Annaleise coaxing Eric into picking up some dog poop, luckily I was in time to stop that one. The next time I went out they were laying out in the puddles getting soaking wet and then transferring their 'imprints' to the driveway. Pretty cute. They were really good at following my 1 rule of staying in the front yard or at the park so I let more time go in between my checking up on them. I must have gone too long without checking because before I knew it the doorbell rang and there they were, standing in all their naked glory. Well, Eric was completely naked, Annaleise was just half naked. They were so happy with themselves. Time to add a new rule: you can only take shoes and socks off outside, everything else stays on!!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my heck hilarious! What is it with kids and loving the whole being naked at any time or any where?

Amy said...

So stinking funny! Yet my son is the opposite. He LOVES his clothes, and is a little distressed if he isn't dressed fully. I know that one day he will just strip naked and streak through the yard much to the delight of my neighbors.

Noodle said...

AWASOME! I love it!... My mom used to follow the path of clothes to find Rodney... If you couldn't see him by the time you found his diaper you where in trouble... As he got older she was able to keep his undies on oh and his boots but everything else was still striped off asap... I think this potty training thing is making sammy want to run around naked a lot more... Oh dear I hope she doesn't take after her uncle Rod... Oh thanks for your coments they help lift my sprits...

Sara said...

Oh that is so funny! What a sight to see in your front yard! :)

kelgrandy said...

so funny! reminds me of when i was bout four and my my sent me out to get my little brother (who was running down the street in only his underwear) only to discover that i was also only in my underwear.

Jessica said...

i wish i was one of your neighbors...that'd be funny to see out my front window =)