Last night Pedro taught the kids a game he had played with Gaby growing up...huevo podrido. It's kind of like tag, but instead of touching someone, you throw something --last night it was a rolled up pair of socks-- and try to hit someone with it, and then they're it. They played outside for a while then dragged me into their game.
*Side note* With all the rain over the past week or so, our backyard has turned into a swamp. I doubt it will be dry before the month is over!
So there we were splashing through miniature ponds and puddles of mud, everybody's pants were soaked up to the knees and the ball of socks had turned into a weapon. Who knew that a wet pair of socks could end up weighing a pound or two? I think I have a welt on my leg from where I was hit. I wish I had a video or pictures of it--Pedro sliding all around and almost falling, Annaleise was a little bullet--nothing could slow her down, Eric was picking his way very carefully around the water, and me? Bad idea for a woman 8 months pregnant to be running around...I hurt so bad today! Pedro got a good laugh out of watching me try to run.
So now I've got a washer full of mud-splattered clothes, a little girl that keeps chanting 'huevo podrido' and only 2 more Tylenol left. I guess I could go hobble around Walmart like an 80 year old with a hip fracture for more of my blessed Tylenol.



3 comments:
What a fun game! It sounds like you made some really great memories last night. I think I am going to have to introduce that game to my family... mainly my nieces and nephews, and my kids when they are old enough to play. It sounds like so much fun!
now that sounds fun. wish we had pics, but I think we could all imagine you wobbling out there in the mud getting hit by a heavy sock full of mud =) I'm sure the kids loved it all. And you'll be great with another girl, you're a good mom who loves her kids and besides keeping them alive everyday (which you do), that's all that matters! you'll be great.
You may have tons of mud-splattered clothes, but you have created a great memory for your family! That sounds like a fun game. Maybe we'll have to play it try playing Huevo Podrido :-)
Post a Comment