A few days ago I made a ton of phone calls and all before noon. I usually don't make that many calls in a week. I still got nervous beforehand but after each call I felt a little more in control of this fear of mine. Probably because everybody I talked to was nice. Slowly but surely I will beat this.
The nesting instinct has finally kicked in, but it's been kicked into the wrong gear. I'm aimed at more of yard work and moving furniture than actually getting things ready for the baby. I hurt so bad today from moving my couches yesterday. I love Tylenol. It's been a lifesaver. My house is a complete disaster and I barely feel any inkling of wanting to clean it, but I want it to dry up outside so I can go mow again and work on painting the outside of the house and all those other summer projects that have piled up over the winter.
I'm finally feeling comfortable with this pregnancy. Gee, it only took 8 months to get here, but it's finally happened. Still not feeling excited about it, not really dreading it anymore, but 3 still seems like a really big number and I'm not sure how I'll handle it. I'm a monster mom when I'm sleep deprived so I'm really worried about how I'll be with my older 2. I found out a few weeks ago the gender of the baby. I didn't want to find out and to most people I gave my generic answer to the 'why' question of because I already have a girl and a boy, who needs to know, right? My real reason is that I'm scared of another girl. You would be too if you'd had the same experiences with my sweet Annaleise. I've had trouble convincing myself that all children come with their own personalities and if we had a girl, she probably wouldn't be the same as Leise. I decided to find out the gender because I had to deal with my negative feelings cause deep down in my gut I just knew it was a girl. Lucky for me, I have a great support system at the moment helping me with learning how to deal with/discipline Annaleise (and Eric), and also helping alleviate the fears that have been with me through this pregnancy. So yes, it is a girl. And hopefully 7 weeks is enough time for me to really start liking the idea.
Next time we want to expand our family we'll look into getting a piano, instead of getting pregnant. I really miss playing everyday.
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I am glad things are progressing well! I can't believe ow close you are to your due date! I love to read your updates!
Congrats Melissa!!! I am quite partial to girls you know!! Just think, if this little girl is like Leise, you have been through it once and 2nd time around isn't quite as bad right?! I'm sure she'll be a sweet little girl who will be your easiest- 3rd babies usually are!!
I hope I don't offend you by saying this, but if I'd had Leise I'd be TERRIFIED of another girl myself.
Watch though - she'll probably be the most angelic baby to ever walk the face of the earth.
And personally I'm jealous because you are the 8th friend (out of 9) who is having a girl. Apparently I should have waited to get pregnant until this year.
3 is a big number, but if I can do it, you can too. I'm excited for you. Good luck!! I can take the kids anytime this week. Let me know when.
Miss Brave Melissa! Congrats on the girl! I know there's a thousand pep talks I could give you, but you've heard them all (probably a thousand times too). All I can say is try your best. That's all the Lord asks of you and when times are tough, remember that they eventually grow-up. One of my favorite things to do is watch my little girls sleep. Even if we've had the worst of worst days, I can look at them while they sleep and can't help but smile. You're going to be great! This baby needs you as her mommy and how lucky she is!
Melissa you are such a great mom, and it really is okay to be scared and worry what this new little one will be like, we all do it. I'm too scared to have another in fear that it would be like Bailee, which is probably why we haven't had another yet :) But I'm glad that you found out that you are having a girl, I bet she is going to be so precious. I wish that we were closer to you guys so I could help you out. We could let Bailee and Annalise play.....could you imagine what those two would come up with :) Enjoy Nesting!!!
I have to send you some thing cute and pink! I love sewing for babys... Its better to know now then to resent the baby once its born... This way you can come to terms before she gets here... I still don't feel like this pregnacy is real... I'm hoping after the ultrasound it will become more real... We its real enough when I'm pukeing my guts out other than that... I'm not sure I feel like i will be able to be a good mom to two... So I think what you feeling is totaly normal (or were both crazy =)) wow that was some crazy ramblings love ya!
Speaking as a mom of three GIRLS, you can do this. Three is a big number, (I have two hands. They have two parents. We were outnumbered) but you'll find the strength to do it. I have no doubt. Trust me, not all girls have the same personality. May you have a little girl made of sugar and spice and everything nice!
One of my best friends cried her self to sleep every night b/c her oldest was so hard. It took her 4 or 5 years to convince herself she could have another baby. When the baby came, she was a peaceful little thing and restored some of my friend's confidence and faith! Hopefully you'll have a similar experience. Hey, I've got a piano that mostly just sits here. I can't play and Scott hasn't had a whole lot of time. Why don't you come play it as often as you want? I can watch your kids for you while you play your heart out! I love piano music.
Yay...a girl. You know I keep trying for a girl and all I have physically been able to make is BOYS (thank goodness for adoption). It is great to catch up with you on your blog. I can't believe that you only have 6 weeks left!!! YAY!
Post a Comment