Sunday, May 24, 2009

Charming!

Charming we are not.

Friday afternoon I was loading the kids up to take them home after a visit to the doc. The parking lot was completely empty so I let my kids hang out while I unlocked the van. I heard them get all excited about a chewed up piece of gum on the ground. When I came around the gum was still there so I just told them to not touch it. When I was buckling up Eric he said "Here Mom" and proceeded to pull 4 small pieces of that gum out of his mouth and hand them to me. He must have sneaked some while I wasn't looking. All I can say is "EWWW!"

Eric has a fascination with Q-tips. This morning while we were getting ready for church he got into them again and within a few minutes he and Annaleise had Q-tips sticking out of their ears and their noses. So funny! I tried to get a picture, but our camera hasn't been so great lately. We got in a good laugh this morning.

Today Pedro and I subbed in Primary--teaching Annaleise's class. At one point I was walking next to little Briggs (a boy in her class) and he turned and looked at me and said "Whoa! Your belly is so BIG!" Thanks for another laugh Briggs.

This morning I got sick after eating breakfast. I have this fixation with only puking in a trash can or sink. So my kids were right there and while I was doing my thing I got to listen to a chorus of "Eww, mom stop it!" "What you doing mom?" "You didn't like your breakfast?" "Gross!" and "Are you all done now?" What a wonderful support system...

A couple days ago Leise wanted to 'see' the baby, so she lifted up my shirt and asked what happened to my belly. I asked her what she meant and she pointed at my belly and told me that I had funny red lines all over. Thanks kiddo!

Annaleise and I were talking about sharks one day. She asked me what sharks ate so I told her other fish and then she asked me if they ate people too. I told her sometimes, yes. She then went on a little tirade saying how that isn't nice of the sharks and someone needs to tell Jesus to make the sharks stop eating people. I told her to go right ahead and she could tell Him that night when she said her prayer.

And now, as I'm sitting here writing this, Annaleise just told her daddy that he looked like he has a baby in his tummy just like mommy.

8 comments:

David and Cori said...

I am never dissapointed when I click on the link to your blog....can't wait to hear the stories number 3 adds to the mix!

kelgrandy said...

Melissa- I LOVE the stories you have to tell. Life is for sure interesting and entertaining at your house :)

Amy said...

I love your kids. They make me laugh so much. Good luck with everything in the upcoming weeks. Too bad you don't live closer, but... that is the way life goes, is it not? Thanks for the laughs.

Vudochki said...

Thanks for sharing. I sure got a good laugh in!

Vudochki said...

Thanks for sharing. I sure got a good laugh in!

De Anne said...

Kids are the greatest! Thank you for sharing.

Pamela Brown said...

That is too funny, you always have fun stories. I love hearing them.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! My favorites are "Did you not like you're breakfast?" and having a brother in law pregnant