She was born May 30th at 6:15 am weighing 7 lbs and 3 ounces. She had a bowel movement in utero so we knew there was a chance she'd have trouble breathing when she was born. The birth itself was very fast and she suffered even more respiratory distress because of it. The nurses whisked her off to NICU 5 minutes after she was born--we didn't have a chance to hold her--barely got to see her. I finally saw her about 4 hours after she was born. She's doing a lot better now, they were able to wean her off the oxygen last night. She still has an IV and heart monitors and a feeding tube. She's breathing well on her own, now the problem is she's having trouble digesting her food. So they're keeping an eye on her for that. If she continues to improve like she has been then hopefully we can bring her home this week. More to come later.
Monday, June 01, 2009
Brianna Lynn Update
She was born May 30th at 6:15 am weighing 7 lbs and 3 ounces. She had a bowel movement in utero so we knew there was a chance she'd have trouble breathing when she was born. The birth itself was very fast and she suffered even more respiratory distress because of it. The nurses whisked her off to NICU 5 minutes after she was born--we didn't have a chance to hold her--barely got to see her. I finally saw her about 4 hours after she was born. She's doing a lot better now, they were able to wean her off the oxygen last night. She still has an IV and heart monitors and a feeding tube. She's breathing well on her own, now the problem is she's having trouble digesting her food. So they're keeping an eye on her for that. If she continues to improve like she has been then hopefully we can bring her home this week. More to come later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Oh Melissa, she is beautiful! I am so sorry about the NICU. My son was there after he was born for 5 days, and it is really hard on the heart. Know both you and she are in my prayers. Good luck with everything!
I meant what I said in my email so call or email and let me know what you need. We love you!
Congrats! Hope you will be able to bring her home soon. She is adorable.
Thanks for the update! Your little Brianna is BEAUTIFUL! I hope everything continues to improve and that she gets home soon! You're all in our prayers!
She is absolutley adorable. Good job you guys :) I love her name, she looks like a Brianna Lynn. I hope that you guys will get to bring her home soon, so you guys can hold her and just love her to pieces. I wish we were closer so I could do something for you guys, well anyways good luck and enjoy every minute with your new addition!!!
I'm glad she is improving. I hope she continues to improve. Let me know if you need me to watch the other kids while you are at the hospital.
yeah!! love her name, it's so pretty. hope you can bring her home soon and I'll be checking back for the next update. congrats!
You will be in my prayers Melissa. I know how difficult it can be to have a child in the NICU. Love you. BTW_ SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!
She is so cute. Congrats. We love you guys.
What an angel! I'll be there soon for lots of cuddle time:)
Oh my gosh I was just checking the blog and shocked that she came this early! When we get back in town I want to come and visit! We can help when we get back too! She look cute, how are the kids?
What a beautiful baby girl. So glad that she is improving and hopefully will make it home soon. Let me know if I can help.
I agree with everyone else. She's beautiful!!!!! I hope she is able to come home this week without any other difficulties. Please let us help out if we can. Babysitting, meals, ...
Post a Comment