Friday, April 10, 2009

Why it's against nature for pregnant moms to get sick

-You can't smell when dinner is burning
-You can't smell when your 2 year old needs his diaper changed
-You've gone deaf in one ear and can't hear the water running in the bathroom until your kids come running out yelling about a swimming pool and waterfall, and then you have to heave your big belly off the couch to do some damage control only to find the bathroom completely flooded
-Your meds make you sleepy so you're completely zoned out and don't see them sneaking markers off to color on the bathroom door
-You've lost your voice and so your kids can't hear you yelling 'stop' when you catch them tearing apart the bookcase

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, poor Melissa! I am so sorry you have been so sick. Good luck with your kiddos. It sounds like you have had some adventures.

maynardmoments said...

Oh man, sounds rough. I loved the title of this post....so true!!!!! You would think just being pregnant was enough, but adding sickness to it....WAY overboard!

Nicole said...

I think you need a girls night out! When do you want to go?? =)

I'm sure you're not laughing when they happen, but your posts always bring a smile to my face. You're such a talented writer!