Sunday, March 01, 2009

A rock and a hard place

Sounds like a good place to be.

I don't function on less than 7 hours of sleep. I've gotten slightly more than that in the last 3 nights combined. And I've turned into a monster. Coke is my new best friend. Vodka sounds pretty nice right now. Don't take that too seriously--just remember that I'm sleep deprived. If Benadryl didn't have the opposite effect on my kids I would pump them full of it and we'd all sleep until next week. So if you see me in the next few days and I look like death warmed over or maybe if I snuck in a nap and just have glazed over eyes, ignore me. And whatever you do, don't mention the fact that I have so many sleepless nights coming my way in a few months. I might just lose it and give you a black eye. Again don't take that seriously--it's the monster talking. Maybe I'll just go buy me a punching bag.

3 comments:

Noodle said...

I HAVE NO ADVICE! Sorry If I could figure out a full proof way of making kids sleep I would bottle it and sell it and be a millionare! Would that be great but yeah right... Oh well we can all dream if only we could get some sleep...

Pamela Brown said...

I will never understand why sleeping is such a hard thing for kids. I would trade places with them in a heart beat. I guess we should have enjoyed sleeping more when we were kids, that's where the parents "I hope your kids do the same thing to you" curse comes in. So I would say pass the curse on, wait until your kids have kids, and just laugh. Then enjoy a wonderful, quiet, uninterrupted night sleep:)

Lacey said...

Lets trade this week. It sounds like you need a nap. I know I have become a very lazy mom since Claire arrived. I don't have the energy to do anything, I feel for you. Let me know what day you want me to take the kids. I can even pick Annaleise up on Friday if that would help. Let me know.