Last night our Stake President called us in to issue a release from a calling we've had for 3 years. I can't help but feel a little sad. Pedro and I have talked many times about how this has been this best calling we've ever had. It's been difficult at times but really it's been so good for the both of us.
The program is new to this area and so for the first year we had our calling there was nothing for us to do while we waited for other pieces to fall into place. After a year the classes started and there were many, many weeks where nobody came. Then people started to come and I can't even describe how it felt to watch them come and see the changes in them as weeks and months passed. Even if some of them couldn't see the changes in themselves, we could. When someone came in feeling defeated we felt their pain. When someone came in feeling hopeful we felt their joy. It's been such a blessing to have this calling and in a few weeks it will be time to let go. We're really going to miss it.


