Thursday, February 05, 2009

Unexpected

My baby nurse called yesterday. She said something didn't look quite right on the ultrasound and that my Dr. wanted to see me today. Hmm. Okay. It was pretty much like a normal check-up type thing except with the addition of the 'unpleasant' type of exam. You know, the kind you usually get at the end of your pregnancy to see if there's any progression going on. Fortunately for me everything checked out fine, but I get to go in every 2 weeks for the next month and a half for more of those unpleasant exams just to make sure there is no progress going on. I guess there's the perks--more alone time, more after appointment trips to Einstein Bagels, more hearing baby's heartbeats and more time off for Petey.

6 comments:

Noodle said...

Yeah for alone time, and hearing that little heart beat... But bummer on the not fun parts of the examine...I hate those...

Amy said...

That is kind of scary. Thankfully everything is okay though. Honestly at the end of my pregnancy I didn't have that, she just listened to the heartbeat through my tummy. Good luck with everything, but I am so excited for your alone time and more time with Pedro. You could even count it as a date... unless Pedro watches your kids while you are the doctor... that could cause a problem with the date.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Good luck Melissa- I HATE those kind of checks- it makes me want to cross my legs just thinking about them!!

maynardmoments said...

Hope everything continues to be o.k. You deserve every bagle trip to get!

Pamela Brown said...

I'm glad everything is okay, but I don't envy you having to get those check-ups. Enjoy the alone time though and take the long way home and drive really slow to make the time last a little longer :) That's what I do.

Jessica said...

ha, isn't it sad we get our RR at a doctors office!!! hopefully everything stays ok and your baby does't come quite yet...good luck and enjoy those bagels!