Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Talking up a storm


Out of the blue my little Eric has gone from using 2 or 3 word phrases into complete sentences. What happened to my baby boy? It's a little disconcerting going from "no want" to "No, I no want milk. I want water." Huh? Excuse my double-take and jaw-droppage. Could this have come about just because I've been telling him to use his words whenever he resorts to whining or crying? He's also referring to himself in the 3rd person (or whatever it is, I didn't major in English). He comes up to me and says "Mama, Eric standing on this." Or "Eric wants Spiderman bubbles." This is too cute and I find myself laughing at the silly things he says. And whenever he catches me doing something he asks "Can I do it?" Lovin' it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is so great! I am excited for the day my son decides to use real words instead of the martian talk he has been using. I am the only person who understands him, and yet I can't figure out how I know what he is saying, I just know. Oh well. Yay for progression!

Noodle said...

How fun, Sammy has decied to leave all her words and start usling cave man grestures and grunts to get what she want frustrating....

Pamela Brown said...

What a smart boy,I still have a hard time picturing him talking at all, it has been so long since we've seen him.