Wednesday, January 28, 2009

After storm playtime










Annaleise
convinced me it's time to go outside and play. I get cold enough just looking out the windows from the inside of my nice heated home. But we bundled up and out we went. And I mean we bundled up! At least 2 layers on the kids plus coats and hats, I wouldn't go out without 3 layers. But for the most part we stayed warm. We started by de-icing the swing set and the picnic table and then we just went around taking pictures of all the cool stuff. And finally Eric got cold enough to want to come inside. He couldn't keep his mittens on so his hands were freezing. I couldn't find Leise's gloves, but I think the child is impervious to cold! She snuck out before I could get her coat and hat and when I brought them to her she just looked at me and said, "But mom, I'm not cold!" Um, too bad. You're wearing them anyways. Now they've had their outside time and I think that'll keep them happy for the next little while. Poor little kids have been cooped up inside since Monday afternoon. I think we are ready for spring!

6 comments:

Feels Like Today said...

Brrrrrrr!!! So thats an ice storm - wow! I'm glad I'm coming in June:)

Noodle said...

That looks colded and beautiful at the same time. Sammy loves palying in the snow but dosn't quite understand why the snow is cold and ice she looks at me like she was expecting soft and fluffy...

Pamela Brown said...

Wow that looks cold, what a good mom you are to brave the cold and go outside.

Amy said...

Wow, those pictures are pretty neat, especially the one of the tree. I am sure glad we don't get ice storms out here, we just get gallons on gallons of snow. I guess there really is no paradise, hu? I am thinking we may just have to move to HI to get some decent weather.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! I think I'll stick to good ol' Utah.

Nicole said...

Oh, that poor tree!! Did it perk back up now that all the ice has melted?