Sunday, February 22, 2009

Changes

Our poor pathetic looking tree after the storm
The new playroom
Leise and Eric's room--at least Eric's too young to care about pink curtains and butterflys on the wall
What happens when Annaleise does her own hair
And on the warmest day of the week Eric decides he wants to wear a hat


Change #1 - We moved Eric in with Annaleise and have converted Eric's room into a playroom. For now we just have the crib mattress under Annaleise's bed and we pull it out at night. Eventually we'll get them a trundle bed to share. They seem to do okay with it. It does take a while longer to get them to fall asleep, but it does happen. And the mess stays contained to one room. It's not permanent--we'll have to figure out something new when #3 comes. But it works for now.

Change #2 - Our wonderful neighbors came over with their chainsaw and truck and helped us clean up the wreckage from the ice storm. I know, I know. The ice storm was a long time ago--we just take a long time to get things done. Anyways, they came and their son climbed up the tree to saw off the branches that had cracked but hadn't fallen all the way off. Then they loaded up the back of their truck with all the branches and took it to the dump. Our tree is now half the size it used to be, but I don't worry about a branch falling on one of the kids heads when I send them outside. So thanks to Billy, Faye and Zack.

Change #3 - I had my doc appt on Friday. The most lovely (insert sarcasm here) part of the exam indicated no changes so my dr thankfully gave me a reprieve and I don't have to go back for 4 more weeks instead of in 2. They'll do 1 more lovely exam at the next appt and if things are still fine they'll just call it good. The only 'problem' that came up was that I had lost a couple of pounds--something I was actually happy about. So I'm supposed to be eating more and more often--but not eating junk. Darn. Besides granola bars, Einstein bagels and the fruit cups at Einstein bagels nothing really looks good. And don't even get me started on meat (blech)! Ah well, I'll figure out something.

Change #4 - Has anybody else noticed that the ratings on movies have seemed to change? I can't believe how much crap they're letting through. We rented 3 movies on Friday--we've watched 2 of them and both were a waste of time and just dumb, dumb, dumb. I'm hoping the last will be decent--City of Ember--has anyone seen it? Anyways, I'm thinking we'll probably stick to animated/Disney movies for the most part from now on.

2 comments:

Noodle said...

LOVE Your little girls hair... Reminds me of me when I tryed to do my hair.... I think its great you have the two kids together in a room, I liked sharing a room with my brother (until we got older then it got a little strange) But right now its just perfect for them... It might even help then get even closer as siblings...Glad every thing is going good with #3 and awsome job on not having the not fun visits as offten... I hate those! any ways love yah

Pamela Brown said...

wow, you guys have been really busy. Thank goodness you won't have to keep going back to the doctors for those icky appointments. I still think it is really funny that you don't eat meat during your pregnancies. I wish I could have been more like that. Loved the pictures