Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We're having a...

Well, it's definitely not a chicken which throws out my plan of cook it and eat it when it misbehaves. And it's not a monkey either...but there's still plenty of time for the baby to grow into one, probably in a few years.
It's a cute, fidgety thing that likes to stretch. We saw the baby open and close it's mouth and rub it's eyes. I even saw 1 very cute little foot--probably my favorite part of the whole ultrasound.

And I don't know what it is.

I'm not ready to find out. This makes it all too real, and I'm already freaking out that we're nearly half-way through this pregnancy. I know life is going to get so much harder and crazier when this next one comes so I'm perfectly at ease to not be done anytime...
This pregnancy is wreaking havoc on my hormones. It seems like it's a lot worse than it was with my other pregnancies but Pedro begs to differ. He may be right, I really do have a horrible memory. But at this point I'd really rather take the puking all nine months over the emotional battle that's raging on inside me. Don't tell me I wouldn't prefer the puking--I've been there, done that with Annaleise. That I can handle. This emotional crap is making me feel like a nutcase.
So, when my hormonal pendulum swings the other way I will probably be ready to know, and then maybe I just might share with the rest of you all. Of course, the pendulum may not swing the other way until I'm actually at the hospital and having the kid. Sorry.

8 comments:

jed-laura said...

It'll be more exciting to wait until the baby comes anyway. You have one boy and one girl, already, therefore it's easier to wait to find out. I hear ya on the emotional stuff, I had it pretty bad with Allison, not as bad with lucy though. Hoping that when we have #3 it will keep getting better, but I think I just jinxed myself! (: miss ya.
-Laura

Vudochki said...

Ohhh, I was so excited to hear what you are having, but I totally understand. I have no idea what I would be doing or thinking or feeling if I was pregnant with my third. The idea terrifies me still (knock on wood)...

Pamela Brown said...

Your keeping us all in suspense :) I understand about the hormones gone crazy. I had it really bad with Sydney, it took me until about 8 months before I accepted the pregnancy, so don't feel bad, we all go through it. But I have to admit I would take the emotional stuff any day over the throwing up 13 times a day.

Jessica said...

I'm really glad to hear it's not a chicken, it wouldn't be very tasty anyway since it's been marinating so long =) Good luck with the emotional rollercoaster, you'll make it.

Nicole said...

I'm glad you got to see some fun movements from the baby. Did the tech write the gender down on a piece of paper in case you change your mind?

jed-laura said...

yeah sure, if you have any of those, Alli would love it.

Noodle said...

Thats totaly understandable.... I bet you went crazy with all of us asking myself included sorry....

Howe's in Arkansas said...

At least you were able to see a healthy little baby kicking around in there. I'm with Nicole -- does the tech know the gender, or will you have to have another ultrasound if you decide you want to know? Hopefully, your hormones will calm down before long. At least, you only have a few more months of them at this point. Well, until the post-baby ones kick in... :-)