Monday, January 12, 2009

Something to do

Lately I've found myself bored out of my mind when Eric's down for a nap or when the kids are happily engaged doing something non-destructive somewhere. What's a girl to do? I can only handle so much cleaning and cooking and organizing. I'm sick of reading. I need something to give my brain a challenge, but not too big of one. Something that doesn't require a great deal of patience. Something to keep my hands busy. Something that won't drive me crazy. My brother said writing with your left hand if you're a righty will challenge your brain and keep it active, so I've been doing that. It's honestly kind of fun. I think I'll start on a puzzle just for something to do. Does anyone have any other ideas? I sure could use 'em.

4 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

I understand that feeling. I've started drawing again. It's fun to get the How to Draw books and just go at it and when I finish a picture I feel good because I feel like I've accomplished something.

Noodle said...

I sew and cut up fabric, or cross stich, or do word sreaches, lets see play the DS... or eat thats the one that gets me in trouble, i;m a bored eater....It's amazing when I'm busy I lose so much weight but as soon as my life slows down I get huge agian....Maybe I should be happy that my lifes busy right now....wow I got off track....anyways good luck staying saine.

Rachel Benefield said...

I play solitaire at times, Yeah that's probally boring also. Do you scrapbook? Although I cant bring any of that stuff out when the kids are awake...Oh by the way, I love coming to your blog just to listen to the rockin music you have on here!!!!

maynardmoments said...

I guess I can't really help in that area, because I just find a great book and read. Other than that, exercising is always a fun thing to do and it gives me more energy too. My advice...enjoy the down time, no matter what you do! It is so rare!