If anyone is going to the Emerald City to see The Wizard please tell him I would come but it's too far of a drive and I could really use a brain. When I'm not pregnant I take Ginkgo Biloba to give my brain an extra push, but I've been advised against taking it until this kid makes it's appearance. And so each day my brain goes further and further away--probably on some blissful vacation--and I'm stuck here waving it away.
Today was fun. It started with me taking Eric to the dentist. My friend Dana was nice enough to watch Annaleise for me while we went. It was to be a short visit...just to check up on a tooth that has been causing some problems. So I didn't take a diaper bag. Why would I? I just changed him and he just ate breakfast. No biggie. Big biggie! That kid decided to stink up his diaper 2 minutes after we got there! Ugh. I won't share details on how I handled that one, but let's just say I will always, always, ALWAYS carry an extra diaper with me from now on.
After that fun thing I went to Dana's house to pick up Annaleise. It had snowed this morning and her driveway was covered in it. And her driveway is on a slope. I parked on her driveway, left Eric in the van while I ran in to pick up Leise. When I came back out, my van was in the street. It just slid back down. At first I thought maybe I forgot to put it in park, but no. I'm not even sure if the emergency brake would have kept it in place, but next time I park on a slope I'll have to try it-or maybe I'll just find a flat place to park. Luckily it didn't slide into anything and Eric was laughing away when I opened the door. Guess it was a fun ride for him.
This afternoon I decided to make a run in the freeze your hiney off cold to Wal-mart for some meds. I caught my kids cold--ugh-- and nothing in my cupboard was on my safe list of meds I can take. We got to Wal-mart and I picked up some stuff for dinner and snacks and left without my meds.
Luckily it's the end of the day. There's not too many more oopsies I can make just doing the bedtime routine, right? Sure hope not. We'll see what happens tomorrow though!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I've decided that as mothers we never fully get our brains back, it actually diminishes with each kid. Yesterday I left a burner on and set a plate on top of it for about ten minutes and then picked it up and burned 3 of my fingers. So your not the only one. I'm glad that Eric enjoyed his ride in the van, and that it didn't hit anything.
I had no brain when I was pregnate with Sammy. It was worse than when the doctors had me loaded full of anti seziure meds that half sedated my brain... And I think I must have giving her half my brain cause I don't think i ever fully recovered, maybe it's the lack of sleep... Oh I have to tell you when I look at you blog with Sammy she has to kiss your kids. I have the funniest kiss smears on my screen now.
Oh Melissa!!! You may not be laughing as you go through your day, but I always laugh when I read your blogs! You are a very talented writer and I just love the way you express yourself.
You're awesome!!!
hahaha! It's true, kids steal brain cells. I found using an old formula tin is perfect for diaper emergencies. I keep an onesie, diaper, and some wipes in one in my car, and it's perfect! Luckily I have never had to use it... but I should probably upgrade because the diaper and onesie are for a three month old. At any rate, good luck with the memory loss, and your days. You make me laugh. Thanks.
Oh my heavens!! I understand completely! Good luck with that- just take comfort in knowing you are not alone. I think every parent has that one time where they don't have a diaper and wipes- and guess what?! It never happens again!!:) Myabe your brain is vacationing with mine!
Post a Comment