Yesterday was a laugh out loud, can this get any more ridiculous kind of day. I think I do good in these kinds of days...at least as they happen just every once in a while.
Wednesday night Pedro worked until after 1 am. When he went to his car he found out the battery was dead. He stayed the night at work and didn't sleep at all. Most of yesterday was pretty normal. Clean the house, take the kids to the park kind of day. At 3:30 I went to rescue Pedro from work. I decided to leave his car there and jump it later that night or today sometime because I didn't want him driving home that sleep deprived. So we got home at 4 and Pedro went straight to bed. Our babysitter came at 6:30 and I woke up Pedro long enough to ask if he wanted to come to the class or stay home and sleep. He opted on sleeping. So I left home and made it about 6 miles when I got struck with a flat tire. I pulled out the cell and called home 3 times before the babysitter picked up (thank you Carissa, my home number is the only number I've got memorized besides my moms). She woke up Pedro and stayed with the kids while Pedro borrowed her car to come rescue me. We changed the tire and then went to Pedro's work to jump his car, left my car at his work and brought Pedro's car and the babysitters car back home. Whew! What a night!
I consider that date night. That's the most I've seen of Pedro all week and it was just the two of us plus a tire. I got to have a real conversation with him--although most of it revolved around stuff like 'how in the world do we get the spare out', 'where does the jack go again', and 'turn on Carissa's car for a minute so we don't drain out her battery.' Last night in the dark, I was extremely glad that we took that basic auto class together 6 years ago...my memory combined with his meant we figured it all out. I'm also grateful that our teacher was wrong in our instance. He told us that when you get a flat tire you're usually dressed up in your nicest clothes, it's pouring rain and you're stuck in the mud. Thank you Murphy's Law for giving us a break!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love date noghts that you don't plan and they just happen... I hope your fun with the cars is over for a while just for sanity sake.
your week sounded a bit like mine...except the car trouble, which I'm glad turned out. Travis didn't have dinner with our family once this week and I think the kids only saw him one or two days...sad huh...so I completely understand the insanity that creeps in about 3:00pm. ahhh, mothers are the toughest living organism on the earth =)
I'm glad that you were able to spend time with Pedro. It's nice to see your husband, even if it is while changing a tire, at least it is without the kids.
You two sure know how to have romantic evenings! Man did someone hit you with the bad luck stick or what? I'm glad that both cars finally got going though! Hope the work perfectly forever now!
Post a Comment