I'm either a slow learner or just very stubborn. Or both. And then you have to add to it the crazy part. You know the definition--crazy is when you keep doing the same things over and over and expect different results. Okay, so that's me in a nutshell. Crazy, stubborn and slow to learn.
Here's how the shower thing goes. I put a movie in for my kids. I tell them I'm taking a shower and I tell them to be good. And for some reason I think they'll listen to me?! I go take my shower and I come out to find lots of fun stuff. Yesterday it was my 'fun box.' They pulled out all the construction paper, the yarn and the scissors. They cut the whole thing of yarn into tiny pieces. They emptied the boxes of crayons and colored pencils all over the place. The paper was scattered everywhere. My living room had turned into confetti zoo! I was okay though. It was mid-afternoon, I figured I had at least 3 hours to help my slow-as-molasses children clean up the mess. Then to my surprise, Pedro walked in 20 minutes later. Reinforcements to the clean up crew! Still wish he hadn't seen the mess though.
Today wasn't so bad. At least the mess isn't as grand. Same routine though. Movie. "Be good kids." I come out to see they emptied the linen closet in order to climb up the shelves to the top and pull out the games. At least all the sheets and pillowcases and towels aren't scattered everywhere yet.
Maybe it's time to bring back my evil old ways of pulling the car seats out of the car and buckling my kids to them in the living room while they watch a movie. I wonder how long it would take them to figure out how to be destructive artists in that situation.
Or I could change my habits and either shower early in the morning (no thanks) or wait until night time (no thanks again).
Time to go. My child just informed me of her latest act of destruction. Sigh.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I've pretty much given up on chances of showering before noon. I aim for when Toby is down for his afternoon nap. Some days I get showered RIGHT before Nate comes home. I live in fear that someone is going to knock on my door and I'll have to answer in my jammies and unshoweredness.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the showering dilemma...and right on to the no showering before the kids wake up...that's wrong...and after they go to bed...that's sit on the couch and watch tv time. I try and keep them in my room with some toys on the bed while I shower or most often I just don't shower =)
Sammy sands next to the tub and screams at the top of her lungs the entire time. so I've chose to take my me time during nap or when daddy is putting her to sleep. I can't be in the room when that happens anyways or she wont go to sleep... all i can say is I love you and hope every thing calms down for you so you can grow that new little one and relax a little....we can all wish right.
This sounds bad, but I actually put my kids in the bathroom with me.(luckily they are still too young to remember, but that won't last too much longer.) I wouldn't trust Bailee alone to save my life. I can only imagine what she would do, I'm not as patient as you are. But with a third child on the way, you might as well kiss showers goodbye for a while. Good Luck:)
Post a Comment