Monday, December 15, 2008

5 day countdown

So much to do and only 5 days to do it in. So instead of working on getting it all done I'm blogging about it. Isn't that just like a procrastinator? Saturday we leave for Orlando. I'm really excited to go see our family, we haven't seen Pedro's dad in 4 years and it's been almost 2 years since we've seen his mom. I'm sad that we won't see 2 of his sisters and their families, but hopefully sometime soon we can all get together again. I'm going to feel pretty silly too since it will be me and all children under 16 or 17 (how old is Ceci now?) who aren't fluent in Spanish. Unless my nieces and nephews have picked it up. I've known about this trip for a year and I haven't taken the time to work on my Spanish skills. Maybe on the 18+ hour drive I can work on it. Too bad my brain doesn't work like a sponge, it's more like a colander. You pour stuff in and it all comes back out. Just need to remember to pack my spanish/english dictionary--oh wait, that's Pedro.

3 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

Wow I can't believe you guys are going to Florida in 5 days. That will be so fun. good luck on the Spanish thing, I understand about the whole not being a sponge thing, I'm more of container with a tight lid and small wholes on the top that only lets a tiny bit of information in.

Rachel Benefield said...

Have fun in florida!!!! Hope you have a blast!

Noodle said...

You will do just fine with your handy dandy spanish-english dictonary by your side =) Have fun and enjoy seeing family. I'll think of you when my feet are freezing in the snow and you are enjoying the warm sun.