My boy. My little cuddle-bug. He's not so little anymore, but little enough. He's got big bright brown eyes shaped like almonds and when he turns those on me I end up letting him stay up until 10 or giving him more crackers than I should. Don't judge me, you'd do it too.
Eric's been doing such fun little things that I just had to write them down. Top of my list is that he's his very own tattle-tale. He'll often be somewhere--usually the kitchen and I won't be paying attention. Until I hear him yell out in a tone that sounds very much like the one Pedro and I use when we catch him doing something naughty..."EeeeRWIC!" That's our cue to see what he's done this time. Usually it's because he's standing up on a chair or up on the table or trying to pull some cord out of an outlet. It's very entertaining.
Next on the list is that this boy is so very affectionate. All I have to do is say 'hug' and he comes a-running arms outstretched and plows into me, wrapping his short little arms around me and laying his head on my shoulder. If I say 'kiss' he comes at me mouth opened but not puckered up. He'll just squash his wet little lips against mine. It should probably gross me out that half my face is wet after I get my kiss but what can I say? I'm his mom.
He is also so very attached to stuffed animals. One in particular, his blue and white cow. But I'll often see him running around the house with something stuffed in his hands. It's just too cute. I never imagined having a boy that liked that kind of stuff. He has 4 stuffed animals he sleeps with at night: his cow, his bear, his giraffe and his dinosaur. He gives them hugs and kisses and then they all stay in the crib with him at night.
One other thing that just cracks me up is that for a baby/toddler, he's got a very deep voice. Especially when he growls. Every once in a while his voice will crack and become high and squeaky the way it's supposed to be. It's just cute.
I just gotta say I love my boy.



3 comments:
I loved this post. What a cute little boy Eric is. I love how he tattles on himself. Mckenzie just runs off when she does something wrong. And the wet kisses, a mom can't help but like that. Keep up the great job you're doing!
Isn't it wonderful that we can find joy in the most simple things?? :)
little boys are just too cute. I love that he has to have his stuffed animals! I always wished Dawson would want them...I'd always give them to him at night...but he really could care less =)
Post a Comment