Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walking Adventures


The first interesting thing to happen on the walk was that we saw a little creek thingy. Cool. Pedro suggested swimming in it which got my mind thinking--hmm, wonder if that water is cold. So I go down to feel the water and get really close when I hear a splash and look over to see this snake that just plopped it's legless icky body in the water. Aahh! Ran back up the bank where I stepped in dog poo--eww nasty! Also noticed that the stroller had run over it too. So I spent the next half mile dragging my newly grossified shoes through grass and dirt trying to clean 'em off. Leise walked for a good 1 1/4 miles before getting too tired. So we put her in the stroller and got Eric out. Tried walking some more but Eric was going about 1/2 a mile an hour and stopping every 10 seconds to squat down and look at something, so up he went onto Daddy's shoulders. Walk, walk, walk. Then we see the path end up ahead. It just ran into the road. We saw some other walkers and asked them about it. They said we could keep going but it's about a 6 mile loop back to our car, or turn around and do the 2 miles back. Needless to say we turned around.
At this point the kids were starting to get grumpy and feet were starting to get sore. So Pedro thought we should play a fun game while we walked. We played I Spy. I was first and told them that I spied something orange with my little eye. We're in a sea of green and there's only 1 orange thing in sight--Leise's shirt--but for some odd reason my poor family couldn't figure it out. When I finally had to tell them it was Annaleise's shirt, Pedro corrected me by saying it was yellow, not orange. He spent the next 5 minutes brainwashing our kids that Leise's shirt was yellow and that Mommy was colorblind. He even got Eric to say 'blind.' That little parrot. So the next people we saw were taken by surprise when I asked them what color Leise's shirt was. They said orange! Hah! I'm right.
Walk some more. Then uh-oh! "Mommy I have to go poooooottty!" Uh, okay, there's a pile of sand over there, we'll just go hide behind it. What a trooper! Then Kuzco sees a rabbit and takes off after it, Leise was holding the leash at the time so she got dragged on the grass. The dog had gotten past the barbed wire fence and so we spent a few minutes coaxing her back over to our side of the fence. Luckily she didn't hurt herself.
So 2 hours and 4 miles later we see our car and the hallelujah chorus breaks out! Best part of it, getting home just in time to put the kids to bed. That's my kind of a Sunday afternoon. Now, who wants to rub my feet?

Okay, now the girl in the brown pants--is that shirt orange or yellow? That's the shirt Leise was wearing today...give me your thoughts, who's colorblind? Me or Pedro?

3 comments:

Eli said...

Looks pretty orange to me...

Familia Morales said...

I Think there is a conpiracy going on here... That shirt is yellow... and everyone who think it's orange needs to have their eyes checked out by a professional...

Pedro

jed-laura said...

The good news is that I'm a color professional. Your shirt is a perfect example of the color Yellow-Orange.

Yellow-Orange is not more yellow than orange... it is exactly half of both. Pedro, the yellow comes first in the title not because the color is more yellow, but because the primary color always comes first in the title when a primary and a secondary color are mixed together.

The bad news for Melissa is that Laura (who is not a color professional, by the way) thought it was yellow.

:)