Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rage!

I'm just fulfilling my need to vent now so I won't take it out on the neighbor kids that are driving my blood pressure skywards.

This morning I take my kids outside to play and guess what I find? A bunch of bread crumbs with half a nest and a dead bird on my picnic table! Eww gross disgusting! Several of the neighbor kids found a nest in our tree last night and decided to take it down. We were too late to stop them but saw them carrying the nest over to the park to look at it. Poor bird, I thought, but there was nothing to do about it. But why in the world did they have to put it in my front yard where my kids could have easily gotten to it? Grr #1

These kids use my front yard as a garbage can. Almost every night I go out and find candy wrappers, paper plates, drink bottles smashed crackers (attracting dozens of flies) all over my yard. Have they not heard of a trash can? They also leave their shoes, toys, books, bowls, cups, pots and pans in my yard. I've actually thought about either throwing their stuff away or putting it in the garage and when they come looking for it tell them I'll give it back if they give me a dollar--Ooh, I could get rich off of that one. Grr #2

One of these girls is constantly biting, hitting, shoving my kid. I hate it. It brings out the big bad mama tiger in me. I let her have it just now and told her she had to stay out of my yard and away from my kid for the day. Maybe I'm just too protective but man it strikes a nerve. Besides the constant physical fighting, that child is always screaming at the top of her lungs and throwing tantrums. Annoyance, annoyance, annoyance. Grr #3

On top of that all, where are these kids parents? Just so you know, these kids are all from the same parents. I never see them. They send their kids out all day and bring them in only to eat. Is that just normal now? When I do see the parents they usually tell me something like "you want to take my kids too?" Ugh. I cannot wait until they (the parents) find jobs and move out of their parents house (who I actually like a lot). I'm counting down until the kids are in school all day and I only have to deal with them on weekends.

Thanks for listening to me vent, sorry for being a whiner.

5 comments:

Sara said...

OH my!!!! I am so sorry you have to deal with that! Bad neighbors are the worst! And it makes it even worse when those bad neighbors are kids. If I were you I would take their belongings and keep them or throw them away. Maybe eventually they will learn that they can't leave they junk/toys/garbage in your yard. I hope it all works out!

Jenni said...

oh sad! I'm so sorry! That sounds like an awful situation! Some times I don't understand parents and why they don't take the time to know where their kids are or what their actions are. I don't blame you for venting, I would to!

Laura said...

Grrrr!! (: crazy stuff. The video can be seen on Youtube. under Martina Mcbride I can email it to you too.

Jessica said...

ahhh, the joys of neighborhood kids...that story made me feel better about my frustrations as well. Good luck with them and I say charget hem $1 for their stuff =)

Kira said...

I don't see anything wrong with being a protective mother! I agree with Sara, if their own parents won't discipline them, then you can when it pertains to your own yard. Be assertive: which to me means be polite, but firm. Good luck!