Wednesday, July 09, 2008

No broken bones


Why my children insist on growing up so fast I may never know. Today I went to put Eric down for his nap. Okay, so I have to admit it was his 2nd nap. His 1st nap only lasted 1 hour which just isn't good enough (for me). So 2 hours later I decided he needed another one. He didn't agree. I put him in his crib, shut the door and went to play with Leise --all right, all right, I didn't go play with Leise, I probably got on the computer to check e-mail or something. Anyways, Eric's screaming his little head off and all of a sudden it gets a lot--I mean a LOT--louder! It sounded like he was standing at his door. I was thinking that's pretty crazy, he can't have done that. So I go to his door where his screaming is super loud. I get down and check under the door and what do I see? His feet! He got out of his crib! This kid is only 19 months old. So I got him, and I put him back in his crib just to see how he did it. He didn't like this either. But I got to see his technique of hauling his little body over the rail and letting it fall to the floor. No, I didn't let him fall this time. But now we have to fix it because I really don't want to have him break any bones trying to get out of his crib. Tonight he's sleeping in the pack n' play. Hopefully he can't get out of that one yet. Tomorrow we search for a solution--a toddler bed, or just letting him sleep on the crib mattress on the floor--I'm not sure yet. I'm so not ready for this. But this is the age that Annaleise did the same thing. Darn! This will definitely make daytime naps and bedtime a bit harder. Aw well, life goes on.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! That is so crazy that both of your kids have climbed out so young! I am glad that there are no broken bones! Good luck with moving him into a toddler bed! Hey, I have heard of special net things that you can put over cribs to keep kids in the cribs longer. Maybe that is something to look in to...

Familia Morales said...

Sara-
I've heard of the crib nets, but they're $80 and I can't do that right now. Pedro found a solution--put the crib mattress on the floor with the walls of the crib surrounding it--it's too tall for Eric to get out now. Thank goodness for smart hubby!

Vudochki said...

Holy cow! I've heard of kids getting out of their cribs by themselves, but wow 19 months! I'm so glad Mckenzie hasn't figured that one out yet. Good luck!

Sara said...

Go Pedro!!! What a great idea! I am glad you were able to come up with a great solution!

Jessica said...

i was in denial when dawson started this...he was 19 months and Hallie was to be born in 1 week...I about died. But it all worked out! Good solution from pedro, I wish I would have thought of something like that.